Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Camping Abilene State Park

I accidently fell off the blogging train! Whoops! This has been my life lately.....



And sometimes this too...

ANYWAY...

We are going on a big camping trip to Big Bend in a few weeks. We have been gathering supplies for a few week and the boys are so excited. A few weeks ago we attempted a backyard camp out....

AND it was a TOTAL disaster! I slept inside and the boys were not pleased. (but hello, I'm pregnant and my bed was right there!) The entire adventure was a complete wreck. 

We decided to attempt round 2 before we ended up with a disaster in the middle of a National Park!

We headed out to Abilene State Park, and I'm happy to report that we had the BEST time!

We set up camp. 


Then I did a lot of relaxing and reading. 




And the boys played in the dirt. 



We enjoyed a little family walk. 

And Fisher just couldn't hang! 

We wrapped up our night with some grilled burgers! 

And some more dirt...



The boys thought it was so funny that they got to go to bed dirty! 


I did a little more reading while the boys slept. 

And the next morning we all woke up refreshed!! HA! okay so maybe that's not exactly what happened. The air mattress we brought for me was a huge bust! I ended up snuggling up next to Fisher on a toddler (crib sized!) air mattress. It was a little rough! 

Someone also should have reminded me about all the up and down and squatting that goes with camping! I was feeling rather large by the end of the trip! 




Over all I would say this was a very successful trip! Everyone had a really good time. We unplugged and spent time together as a family. The boys got to play outside all day which is their favorite! We can't wait for a big trip in a few weeks! 





7 comments:

  1. FUN~ But you are brave camping while pregnant! HA
    I always knew Ian had a great day when he was little by the dirt ring in the bathtub! HA
    CAn't wait to see pics of your camping trip in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping pregnant might be the bravest thing I've ever heard of ;). You are such a super mom, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday I'll go with you! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo this looks like so much fun lady! Glad you tried again, I am not sure I would have - ha! I can't wait to see your next big adventure. xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your boys loved it!!! Props to you, Mama! And I can't wait to read about the next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family I wish you had fun.
    In marbella there is also fun

    ReplyDelete