Wednesday, January 11, 2017

2017 GOALS



Happy Wednesday friends!! Today I'm linking up with Shay and Erika for Workin' It Wednesdays! We are kicking off this link up today by talking about our New Year's goals!

I'm not one for making resolutions but I'm totally great with setting some goals for the year!

{ONE} 

Our big family goal for this year is to memorize more scripture. I grabbed these awesome kid friendly verse cards from Father of Joy Designs. They are bright and colorful and the verses are simple enough for my kids to learn too. 

I put our cards on an easel in our kitchen because we spend a lot of time as a family in our kitchen. Everytime I see it I ask Baker to repeat it to me. It's pretty simple and we are just incorporating it into a daily routine. 

We are kicking off our year with James 1:17 - Every good and perfect gift is from above. 











Obviously we won't be able to memorize all 52 verses this year because my kids are 2 and 3! But my goal is 12 verses for my kids! 


{TWO}

Go camping as a family. 

Austin is an Eagle Scout and loves the great outdoors. We decided our kids are old enough this year to conquer camping. (I hope!) 

 We are planning a trip to Big Bend National Park this spring. I am talking real tent camping!! I've been doing a lot of research but we would appreciate any tips you have for camping with young kids! 

{THREE}

Read more books. 

I find myself playing on my phone way more than I would like. I love to read, but I hate spending money on books. (I was raised by a librarian!) So my goal this year is to visit the library more and read!! 

I've already kicked off 2017 by reading 5 books! I read the Debbie Macomber Rose Harbor series if you are looking for a new book. 


 I could probably keep going but I'm going to stop at 3 goals for now!! 

happy Wednesday friends! 

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you linked up!!! And I loooooove your goals! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those cards! Going to order now - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great!! And I love that they are so simple!

      Delete
  3. I have those scripture cards!! Have we talked about this before?? I need to pull them back out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bible verse cards for kids! What a great idea and so cute! Plus I love camping and reading! And reading while camping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those scripture cards. While we don't have any little ones I want to order those for myself. I've really found myself desiring to have more of the Bible memorized. Your goals are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals - we can always memorize more scripture around here and these are great verses for sure!!!! I have a goal to read more books instead of mindlessly perusing social media. xoxo Erin

    ReplyDelete