Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Girls Roundtop Weekend

This weekend I met my college roomies in College Station for a fun girls weekend!

Note: Prepare yourself for a tons of selfies!!  You've been warned. 

We started out Friday evening with fried avocados at one of our favorite mexican food restaurants, and then we drove to our old town-house. 

Deena and I lived in the same house with variations of this group from 2005-2008. The five of us lived together 2006-2007. These girls are my people! (you can read more of our story here

We thought taking a picture outside 1600-C would be great way to celebrate 10 years! 


We knocked on the door and asked the current residents to turn on their porch light so we could have better light for a picture. They invited us in and we met the people who live there now. They called us "ladies" because clearly they thought we were old.  But oh well, it was fun to be in our old house again!

We took a picture with our new young friends. 





Midtown 1600-C! Such good memories! 

On Saturday morning we loaded up bright and early to head towards Roundtop. 

We made a quick pit stop at Chick-fil-a for breakfast. 

First stop Warrenton.



It was also Deena's birthday! 

We each grabbed a festive metal pumpkin! 

Next up was Marburger Farm. 







Next we walked around downtown Roundtop and then ended at Blue Hills. 



Okay so, a lot of people will probably disagree, but I wasn't super impressed with the shopping at Roundtop. The treasures were more real antiques and less homemade items, but the prices seemed on the high end to me. I also felt like there was less variety. For the most part everything was home decor items. But we didn't let that stop us from having a great time. Seriously, we had the best time. 

On the way back, we took a detour to visit Kyle Field. 

 It's changed just a bit since we were students. I guess current students will never know what it feels like to walk up or down the ramps! 




We laughed sooooo much! It was a great weekend with these ladies!! They are good for my soul! 


Let's plan girls weekend 2017!!! 


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Everything about this just made me HAPPY! I loved it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a GREAT trip! Girls trips are the best!!
    Happy Tuesday friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! No more ramps at Kyle Field?? When I think football in College Station, that's where my mind goes. Probably because Tab bought the cheapest seats at the TOP of the stadium every time. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! It's fancy now! Austin is going to a game in November. I'll report back how it is inside!!

      Delete