Tuesday, September 20, 2016

New Front Entry

I wanted to show you a house update! We have "mostly" finished our new front entry! 

Please excuse the terrible before pictures. YIKES! 

Last year when you walked through the front door, this was your view. You saw a hallway and accordian doors. 







This picture was standing by the according doors viewing the front door. 

The view from a little further back. 



To the right was the "formal" lving area.


The accordian doors. 


The first thing we did was open up the wall to the left (in the above picture). Then we removed the accordian doors and framed in door way since the entrance was no longer needed. 


Next, we removed the floors!






Above is before we touched anything in the house! If you were to walked through the door and turn right that is the front entry. 

The same exact view after we removed part of the wall, framed in entry, and replaced floors. 


We added shiplap to the the wall opposite of the front door. 

And here is the final product!






(before)

(after)



I refinished this old bench. It was in my room growing up, and it came from a local church. 


The back was FULL of names and I just couldn't paint over them. I left the back the original wood. 

So what do you think??

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I love the way it turned out! 










12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! It looks amazing!!!! Such a great transformation =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The after looks amazing! I would love to have a church pew, but don't have the room for it. You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brittney. I was so excited to have a space for it!

      Delete
  3. It looks AMAZING! Y'all did great! I wouldn't have been able to paint over the names either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I know! Some of them are people I know! I just couldn't do it!

      Delete
  4. You guys did a wonderful job remodeling this area of your home. The wide planks on the wall and the metal decorations add a nice rustic country touch. I'm also very happy to hear that you chose to not paint over the names on that bench from your church, it's very important for people to preserve history whenever they can.

    Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

    ReplyDelete