Friday, August 26, 2016

Friday Favorites 8.26.16

Happy Friday friends!
I'm linking up with Erika, Andrea and Narci for Friday Favorites!

1. This fun suprise showed up on my door this week!

Want to see what is inside?


It's my sweet friend Shay's new cookbook!!


Isn't the packaging adorable?


Fisher couldn't wait to get his hands on it! And I felt the same way!


I immediately got in the kitchen and whiped up this Strawberry Lemon Bread (page 93). 

It was DELICOUS!! And everyone's new favorite!

I am obsessed with the layout of this cookbook. Shay organized it by month! Want a side dish for Thanksgiving? Perfect head to November and pick one out! Simple. I just love it! 

I also couldn't get over all the gorgeous pictures!

You can pre-order a cook book now! (click the image for link)




And you can find her other cookbooks on amazon too. (click images for links)


 



Meal Planner is on sale right now! I'm ordering some for Christmas gifts! I think Baker's preschool teachers would love a copy! 

2. On Sunday evening we hosted a back-to-school dinner for one of our favorite college girls, Anna! 

Remember my bestie Deena? Anna grew up in the church where Deena's husband, Paul, is the associate pastor. When we moved to Abilene the Faselers connected us with Anna. She has been a sweet part of our family ever since! 



We had Shay's Strawberry Lemon Bread for dessert! It was a hit with everyone. I doubled the recipe and sent Miss Anna home with some too!

3. At church on Sunday we enjoyed the annual Roundup Sunday! It included a church wide supper and inflatables!!




Fisher was cracking us up! He climbed up the big inflatables like a champ!

Seriously, my boys were in heaven, it was their favorite!!!!! 

4. We also got to visit one of our favorite places Saturday evening, Monks Coffee Shop! 



We enjoyed Toasted Traveler food truck for dinner! 


And watched our buddy Chad compete in the latte art competition!


It was so much fun!

5.  We have been loving this trampoline!





It's my favorite, because guess what? I can jump on it too!!

YES! the weight limit is 175 lbs! but it's still a mini size and I don't have to boost anyone up to climb on!

It is such a good work out for me! I am  seriously loving it!! 

You can find it here. (click on the picture for link!)



Side note: my boys insist on being naked in the backyard ALL the time. It was a struggled to get appropriate pictures of them jumping. Ya'll!!! I don't understand this?! Why!?! 

#boymom

#sigh

#sorryneighbors


6. And I'm going to leave you with a little confession.

 One of our favorite outings is going to Sams and getting a BIG pretzel!



It's a great treat! And buys me some shopping time!

Happy weekend friends!!


4 comments:

  1. Megan! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am so grateful to share my book with you. Thank you so much sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get Shay's new cookbook =) I have pre-ordered it, her other 2 I absolutely LOVED =)
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get Shay's new cookbook. I preordered it awhile back!! I have the Meal Planner and have used it several times. It's a favorite of mine!!
    What a cute coffee shot!
    When Ian was your boys age he would always want to be naked outside too! Thank goodness now at 11 he wears clothes outside! HA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm whipping up Shay's banana blueberry bread, peanut pasta, and orange marmalade chicken sandwiches this week. How fun was it to get that box in the mail! Loving this cookbook! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete