Friday, July 29, 2016

Monkey Business: Curious George

It's Friday! And today is all about one of my kids' FAVORITE characters! 

GEORGE!! 

Let me explain...

This is my sweet cousin Alyssa!  
She has been working on some extremely cool projects at work! 

One of them is a documentary about the authors of Curious George. Is George loved in your house like he is in mine? My boys go crazy for this curious little monkey.


I think I've read this book 120983 million times and watched "the pumpkin patch Curious George" on netflix approximately 129083 million times. 


When Alyssa first started posting about the documentary, I followed along and liked the posts on social media because I'm a firm believer in supporting family. But the more she posted, the more curious I became. The story behind Hans and Margaret Reys is enthralling. They were German Jews who narrowly escaped the Nazis. They carried the unfinished manuscript of the original Curious George with them on make-shift bicycles as they fled the country. You can see more of their story over on their kickstarter campaign page. 


Take a few minutes and watch the short video. Ema Ryan Yamazaki, the director, is beyond adorable! 




You can see another fun article over at People Magazine. 






Let's show Ema, Alyssa and the rest of the Monkey Business crew some support by stopping by their Kickstarter page and sharing their posts on social media! 

You can find them on instagram and on facebook!

Happy weekend friends!






3 comments:

  1. How fun is this?! Happy Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat!!! My oldest loved George when she was little and my youngest daughter is on her way to loving George as well =)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love Curious George?!? And wow, what a neat story about the authors!

    ReplyDelete