Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Farmer's Market Zucchini Bread

Last week we headed to the Abilene Farmer's Market.  It was a fun family outing, and we love supporting our local farmers. If you come back on Saturday, you can read my full post about the farmer's market over at The Abilene Post.


After seeing tables full of zucchini, I was inspired to hurry home and make some zucchini bread.



I put my own spin on it and here is what I created. It was delicious with the perfect amount of sweetness and spice. 


Ingredients:

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 tsp vanilla
2-4 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1/2 an apple chopped

Preheat over to 350 degrees
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix all the ingredients together except for the zucchini, nuts and apple.
2. Shred the zucchini.
2. Chop the apple into small cubes.
3. Add Zucchini and apple to the mixer and mix it all together on medium speed.
4. Lightly chop the nuts of your choice and gentle add to the batter (optional)
5. Prepare your loaf pans. Generously butter (or crisco) the pans and flour them.
6. Divide between two loaf pans.
7. Bake for 40-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.

-Makes 2 loaves



Cut a big piece, and enjoy your zucchini bread or as Baker calls it zucandy bread. 

Delicious! 


4 comments:

  1. Oh girl! I love me some zucchini bread!!! This recipe sounds insanely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy! I have never made zucchini bread!!
    My blogger friend, Johannah and I are hosting a monthly recipe club and today is our 2nd link up! You should link up with us and share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good!! Thanks for linking up with us! =)

    ReplyDelete