Friday, June 17, 2016

2nd Annual BFF Week

Happy Friday friends!! I'm linking up for Friday Favorites with Andrea, Erika and Narci. 
Today I'm dedicating this blog to one of my favorite families, the Faselers!! They came to see us last week and I wanted to highlight our week! We took them on all our favorite Abilene adventures. 

This was our second annual BFF week. Deena's husband, Paul, is a pastor at a church and they host a local mission trip every summer. They use their house as a host home so for the last two years she has come to stay with me! Last summer all our roomies and kids were able to join us in McKinney for the week.

Here we are last year:
We will have our annual roommate weekend in July with all five families but for this week it was just the Faselers and the Butlers. We had a blast!


They arrived on Monday and we let the kids play the entire afternoon. They ended the day with a refreshing dip in the pool. 

I'm using my cup to block Baker's bum. This kid really hates clothes. Sorry! We keep it classy at the Butler house. 

On Tuesday we headed to Beltway to get coffee and let the kids play. 



We had the entire place to ourselves and it was spectacular. 

Notice Baker isn't wearing a shirt....again. He got it wet and wouldn't put it back on. Sigh.

And just for fun let's flash back at these boys:
2013
2014
2015

I just love seeing them grow up together! I hope one day they are also fightin' Texas Aggie roommates! 

Okay back to 2016. This is about as good as it gets for a group picture. 

















We came home for a little rest/playtime and then headed to the mall. Clearly at this point we have lost our ever loving minds because we took 4 kids to the mall to shop. 

We might have used a little chick-fil-a as encouragement and we survived! 



They were hosting some very special guests that night and the kids were in heaven. 



Well except for Fisher...he hates costumes. 


The big boys got their faces painted. 

And enjoyed some ice cream. 




I should have know better than to let him get his face painted. See his face? He was not amused. He wanted it washed off immediately. (we have the same issue with tattoos) 


At this point, I was hot and sweaty and had been chasing around four kids all day long. Any sane person would have called it a day and gone home, but not us!! We pushed through and went to the food trucks for Truckin' Tuesday. 





Totally worth it! 

On Wednesday we hit up the very hot zoo for our next adventure! 





And then spent the rest of the day around the house!



The big boys slept all night long in the same room for 3 nights! This is a big step for both of us and we were ecstatic! 

And the littles plotted some of their own mischief. 



After lunch on Thursday the Faselers headed out and we hit the road for the beach. 



I have been so blessed by this girl! She is one of my favorite people in the world. I am thankful to have her and her family as a part of my life! 





2 comments:

  1. What a fun BFF week! The pictures so remind me of me and my BFF trying to get pictures of our kids when they were little:) My kids are 11 and 8 now:( Time sure does fly!! But we get a pool day with them Monday, so we are so excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week!!! And when you lay it all out there....we were crazy that day!

    ReplyDelete