Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded: Books



Today I'm linking up with Shay and Erika for their Stranded Series. We are discussing what 3 books we would take with us if we were stranded on a deserted island. Listen, if I have to be stranded on an island, I really hope I get to plan out things to bring!! It would sure make being stranded much more comfortable.




1. Bible - I feel like this is the most obvious choice ever! But I'm pretty sure I would need some major biblical guidance to not go crazy! Right?! I think a bible would be a necessity. 



2. Harry Potter - I really hope this entire box set would magically appear on the island.  That's probably cheating though! (Plus the keepsake box would make great firewood!)

 I think if I had to choose just one, it would be Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. It was the last light and fun book before the entire series turned really dark! The characters are all really established by this book too. You are very attached to their story lines and rooting for Harry. 

3. For my last book, I debating on something practical and biblical like, Jesus is Calling or between a fictional book. Since I already grabbed my bible, I decided on one of my all time favorite books. 

Pride and Prejudice - I went ahead and picked out one with a beautiful cover. I love this book! The character development is flawless and complex. The love stories aren't predictable. And it is full of wit and charm all in an amazing setting. If you have never picked up the book you really should go ahead and get it now.

Ps. I really I hope amazon prime ships to my island! If so I'll be all set!

You can see my April post on Medicine Cabinet Items here. 


Happy Wednesday Friends!




8 comments:

  1. Okay, is it weird that I've never read Harry Potter? Is it too late to start??? Should I??? So many questions...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its never too late for HP!!! Austin read this this fall and loved them!! Then we slowly worked through all the movies too. It was fun! So yes please start them!!!

      Delete
  2. Um, I'm your second commenter to have never read HP! Which is crazy because I love all things British. Also I love all the love P&P is getting today :) Liz @ familyoffoley.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please read them!!! They are so good! Especially if you love all things British. My hubby just read them recently so it's not too late!!

      Delete
  3. We're almost twinsies here :)
    I think my favorite HP is The Half Blood Prince... I think. I love them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Half Blood Prince is a good choice!!!! I love them all too. I searched and searched for multiple books bound together and came up empty! Ha. Off to check out your list now!

      Delete
  4. I put HP on my list too! I've read the whole series twice and some of the earlier books easily 5+ times. Just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a family thing because mom and I also love Pride and Prejudice. I would say you have a great stranded island book list!

    ReplyDelete