Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Favorites 5.27.2016

Well HELLO Friday!!! 
It's been a good week at the Butler house! We've had less tears than normal! Wahoo! That's a a big win in my book. 

I'm linking up with Erika, Narci and Andrea to talk about our Friday Favorites!

{One}
This right here is summer!! Playing in the water sprinkler, in your undies, with your cousins! It doesn't get much better than that!


Fisher was hiding out in the playhouse, 


until he was ambushed! 






I've said it a hundred times, but being close to family is my favorite. I love that these boys are growing up together. They have the best time playing. (and fighting some too!) 

And just for fun, here are the big cousins two years ago!


{Two}
This cowboy has new favorite boots! Giddy up!


And Baker has been sporting his favorite boot too. Yes boot, look closely. #toddlerfashion


{Three}
Did you check out my Owning It: Claiming the Crazy post yesterday? You can head over to Erika's blog to see my guest post! Who knew I was so crazy particular. It was one of my favorite posts to write! Thank you for still being my friends! 

{Four}
After yesterday's Owning it Post, I wanted to clarify one thing!

My house isn't perfect. HA! I realized after people commented that it sounded that way! Woops. I struggled with organization big time! (and putting away clean laundry!)  I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea now!

 #keepingitreal

But let's pretend that it looks this clean all the time. 



{Five}
One more Alaska picture for the week. I highlighted it on Tuesday as my favorite vacation ever! 

{Six}
Have I mentioned that my mom is a librarian? Well we visited her library on Thursday and I stocked up on some good books! 

And so did Baker.


I already finished Miracles from Heaven. Have you read it yet? It's a quick read and I really enjoyed it. 
But, I feel like it should have a big stamp on it that reads, Warning: grab a box of tissues! 

Being a mama has sure made me more sensitive. I cried several times through this book. I could just feel the pain of this sweet family. There were also several moments of ugly cry sobbing. I don't want to ruin anything, but if you've ever read this book or Heaven is for Real, then you know they both touch on the same subject. Both revolve around young kids who experience heaven. It's a tiny part, but both kids meet siblings who died during pregnancy. Cue all the tears. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

Happy Memorial Day weekend friends!










5 comments:

  1. I love Summer Time! I miss my kids playing in the backyard in the sprinkler! They are 11 and 8 now~ way to cool ;)
    I loved your owning it series yesterday! But I would totally freak you out! I am the least germaphobe ever! ;)

    Hope you have a great weekend and so glad I found your blog yesterday!
    Heather
    myglitteryheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get weepy all the time too!!! Im a MESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, not trying to sound sappy here...but I remember when my oldest were Baker and Fisher's ages...and I miss it! Enjoy this sweet time friend. In every picture, I think "ahhhh, I wish my kids were that age again!". xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your owning post the other day! We are so much alike! I hope that you have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sprinklers in undies!!! So cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete