Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Weekend Recap: Zoo event / Big Day Downtown

We had the best weekend!

 On Thursday night, we attended a members event at the Abilene zoo. They are opening up a new giraffe exhibit. The grand opening is this coming weekend, April, 23rd.   



Please note that Fisher is trying to get as far away from the giraffe as possible. He is a boy of few words, but he kept saying "NO NO NO NO NO." And since I'm clearly the best parent ever, I made him take a picture with us too. #momwin

And let's flash back for a minute to two weeks ago when he fed a giraffe from his hand! No tears and he loved it but that giraffe costume was a major NO! NO! NO! NO!


Okay back to Thursday!
The had all sorts of animal encounters set up around the zoo. 
First up was a donkey. 

Then a turtle. 



Austin was in gardening class so my sister came along! Ya'll I am so thankful that I get to live near my sister!  

Fisher and Jake are sweet buddies!



And Baker and Jake like to compete for everything, especially who gets the best spot in the stroller. 


We rode the merry go round. 





As we were leaving, this happened:


EKKK! I was impressed he touched the snake. 

The giraffe area was so crowded that I didn't take any pictures!! But we enjoyed the entire zoo event. 

Then we headed home to take baths and get cleaned up!




On Saturday morning Austin worked the master gardener plant sale. 

He was allowed to buy one plant before it started. 

He picked a clematis and it's beautiful!


Since he wasn't allowed to buy anything else till after the event, he left me with a really helpful shopping list. It included: 1000 basil, a hamburger, and a detailed map. Don't tell Austin but I left the map on the counter at home. WHOOPS! 

When we woke up this is how Baker felt about morning time. Me too bud, me too. 


It took me 20 minutes to figure out how to fit the wagon into my car. 





The kids were great! yay! and we rounded up some plants to buy. We also got to meet some of Austin's gardening friends. 

Then because I was clearly supermom   a glutton for punishment   dumb  optimistic, I decided it would be fun to go to Big Day Downtown with the kids, alone, in the rain. 
First stop, The Grace. 

  
We checked out the children's area and my kids loved it. 




Watch out! Here come the Butler boys!

  
Note: Baker is wearing his favorite shirt for the 21908312 millionth time. I was thankful he was glowing when tons of people showed up at the museum. My eyes were constantly scanning the room for both kids. 

We played giant operation. 



The stage was his favorite part. He put on a show for everyone. 





After playing we met up with my mom and Mike for lunch. Then we treated the boys to ice cream. 




Remember a month ago when I couldn't get Fisher to eat ice cream? Well he ate ALL of the ice cream on Saturday. Every last bit. YAY!


Thanks Abilene for such a fun weekend!


 




4 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie...I had no idea there was so much to do in Abilene!! You guys always make it look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun!! Did you really get basil x 1000????? And that picture of baker sitting in front of Jake is priceless...the look on both of their faces. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Typical cousins. Kelsey has the exact same stroller but they were fighting for the front seat in mine. And I got basil x 2!! But then Austin bought home 2 more at the end.

      Delete