Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Stranded: Medicine Cabinet


Today I'm linking up with Shay and Erika for their Stranded series. Each month we will be discussing three things we would take if we were stranded on a deserted island. 


This month is medicine cabinet items! 

#1

My number one items was a no-brainer. 
I use Aquaphor for everything. I use it on my lips several times a day. I like it way better than any chapstick. A tiny amount goes a long way and it lasts forever. We also have a big tub of it in our house for all sorts of uses - cracked hands, diaper rash etc. 

This stuff is my favorite!


#2

I get some major head aches if I am out in the sun too long. Especially if I don't get enough water. If I were stranded Tylenol would be incredibly useful! 


#3

When I got to number three, I started debating! I truly hope I get to plan if I ever get stuck on an island. Ha! I feel like sunscreen would be a necessity but I also NEED lotion. Think about being in and out of salt water! Your skin would be so dry. I would love to have a huge tube of both. I don't think either would last long on an island. 

And just out of necessity, I picked a runner up item too!
I wear contacts and I would need contact solution, a case and glasses! In a true emergency I would probably wear my contacts as long as I possibly could and then just have blurry vision when I couldn't stand them any longer! But then I would definitely need that Tylenol bottle!  



I probably should have listed bug spray too! EEK!! let's hope I'm never actually stranded. 



Austin wanted to join in on the fun!
Here are his top 3:

Austin's #1 - GLASSES.  I wear contacts most days and glasses on the days I don't wear those.  It would be hard to do much stranded on a desert island without my normal vision.


Austin's #2 - Sunscreen.  I am a pasty white boy who burns when the sun is thinking about shining (I'm not sure when that started because I used to be able to tan.)  This is a necessity for being in the sun any amount of time.

Austin's #3 - Floss.  I hate getting things stuck in my teeth, and with all of the sea creatures I would be eating, I do not want to be tasting that for an extended period of time.  Unless of course there was some yummy butter and Red Lobster biscuits, then I would be ok with it!



4 comments:

  1. Tylenol was a good one!!!! I'm going to totally need that and not have it! Thanks for linking up friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!! Can we share?? I'll be happy to lend some lip gloss. Dry lips drive me crazy but apparently I'm cool with rotting teeth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I forgot sunscreen!! I hope you are willing to share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great call on the Aquaphor! That definitely is a must have!

    ReplyDelete