Monday, April 25, 2016

Let's Talk: Makeup and Hair

Happy Monday friends! Today I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea for Let's Talk. We are chatting up all things hair and makeup today. 



When it comes to makeup, I am no fuss! The quicker the better for me right now. I know it comes with the territory of having young kids and someday I'll have lots of free time to primp and pamper myself. 

I can do all my makeup in 5 minutes. 

These are my 5 essentials.
Eyeliner
bareminerals foundation
time balm concealer - (I just ordered Younique concealer to try)
Blush - Chubby Stick - (this stuff is amazing! it stays on better than any blush I've ever used)

Aquaphor is one of my favorite products ever! I use it for my lips and any dry spots. I also use it for my kids if they have a diaper rash. 


Let's talk about hair! 
I have curly hair and about 2 years ago, they discontinued the hair product I had used for YEARS! I was bummed and determined to find the best product out there. 

And here it is....
I normally pick mine up at Target. 

It smells great and my hair doesn't frizzy or crunchy! Win! Win! Win!


So just in case you are curious, here is my hair routine. 

1. Wash
2. Towel dry enough to get the dripping water out. 
3. Brush through with Wet Brush (<== buy one here now! thank me later)
4. Add curl & style milk into all of my hair while scrunching
5. Scrunch a mall amount of mousse into hair (not too much!)
6. If I'm in a rush I will blow dry with a diffuser. 
-my hair does best if I blow dry it with my hair upside down and scrunch with one hand. 

7. If I have plenty of time, I might do this little trick. 
Have you ever plopped before?! It works like a charm!

Best part about curly hair...
day two messy buns! 


I can't wait to check out everyone else's favorite tips and products! Hope you have a happy Monday!














2 comments:

  1. Don't you hate it when they discontinue something you love? It always panics me! Love your tips friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Why do they do that to us!? But I think the new product is better and 3x the cost!!

      Delete