Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Weekend Recap: Rattlesnake Round Up!

We had such a great weekend! The weather was perfect and we enjoyed lots of family time. 

On Saturday morning, we loaded up and drove over to Sweetwater for the rattlesnake roundup! I had been several times as a kid but it was a first for the rest of the Butler crew. 




We met up with my sister's family for all of the fun. 




The boys LOVED it. 



They had a record breaking number of snakes this year. Over 24,000 pounds of snake. EKK! 




It was VERY crowded. I don't remember this many people going when I was a kid. 

Let's note Baker's style: comfy pants and cowboy boots!

Look at all those cars waiting to see the snakes!

We ended our day with some park playtime!




On Sunday we headed to church. 


Let's go ahead and notice Baker style again: cowboy boots and comfy pants! This is his model pose!
I have given up trying to make him match. I've decided to embrace his style because it's not worth fighting him! 

The boys love this little water feature in downtown Abilene. 

Fisher is obsessed with water. He is going to get wet if he sees water. 








Sunday evening we grabbed some food and headed to the park for a picnic. The boys played for a few hours and we had the best time!



It was the perfect end to an amazing weekend. 









3 comments:

  1. Awww!! I love that you get to do fun things like this with your sister's family because your so close. That ginormous pile of snakes Ickes me out!! Hahaha! But it looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl. All those snakes would give me nightmares! Yay for pretty, outside weather!

    ReplyDelete