Thursday, March 31, 2016

Best of Abilene: Hamburgers

Last week, I stumbled upon the Best of Abilene 2016 awards. I thought it would be really fun to make it a goal to visit every single one of these places. I mean, for the sake of the people, I will try them all and report back! It's a sacrifice that I am willing to make. So stay tuned if you happen to live in my area and if you don't, I hope this make you plan a visit. P.S. we have a guest room!

We started off with the BEST hamburger in Abilene, made by Rock'n Rollerz Roll'n Grill. 


Ya'll, just in case you didn't know, Rock'n Rollerz is a food truck! I think this speaks volumes about the quality of the food trucks in Abilene. They serve outstanding food. And spoiler alert: Rock'n Rollerz isn't the only food truck in the winners circle. 

Here is a glimpse at their menu. 

We decided to order two and go halfsies. Okay so halfsies is a made up word and my mom is cringing right now. Sorry mom! But honestly I just wanted to try more than one hamburger. 



 Rockin Rolla - Burger, with pepper jack cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, crispy fried onion rings, and topped with signature nasty sauce. 


Poppin Johnny - signature burger with cream cheese, fire roasted jalapenos, bacon, crispy fried onion strings, and topped with house made jalapeno ranch sauce. 


These burgers blew me away! Seriously, I thought they would be yummy but they were incredible. In fact, Austin and I both had different favorites! And let's talk about the fries for a moment, they were delicious. They were thin cut crispy fries. We didn't even use ketchup on them because they were that good. 

I haven't tried every burger in Abilene but I have had a few burgers in my day. Both of these burgers  rank right up there at the top for me. I will be enjoying another one very soon. If you would like one too, you can find their schedule on their instagram page. Also Abilene just launched The Food Park! It's a food truck lot at 1089 S. First Street. We checked it out Friday night and had the BEST time. 


When people ask me my favorite places to eat in Abilene, I immediately give them names of food trucks! So go check them out! Tell them I sent you, but they will probably look at you strange, since they have no idea who I am!! Oh well! 

Happy eating friends!








2 comments:

  1. And now I'm googling how long until it will take me to drive to Abilene!!!

    ReplyDelete