Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Favorites: What We've Been Watching

Hey Friends! It's time for Friday favorites with Erika, Narci and Andrea.




This week has been extremely LONG! Baker ran fever all week. So since we couldn't leave our house, we watched a lot of TV. Yikes! Please don't judge! We did lots of playing too and I read a book. 

Mom confession: sometimes when I get tired of watching their shows, I watch something on my ipad while sitting with them. Anyone else do this? If I get up to do something they follow me because they want mama. So that's my little mom trick. I also know they won't want me to sit with them forever. 

Just for fun let's talk about some of my new favorite things to watch. 


1. When Calls the Heart - It is a hallmark show. I stumbled upon it last week on Netflix. It is really clean and I wouldn't mind my kids watching it. (how many shows can we say that about these days?) The story line is kind of slow but I think part of that is because of the era it takes place. I think it's similar to Downton Abbey as far as pace goes. 


It is set in 1910 and follows the story of Elizabeth Thatcher. She is a teacher who moves to a small mining town called Coal Valley. Elizabeth is from a wealthy family and has to adjust to life a much rougher life.  You can read more about the plot here. 

You can watch the first 2 seasons on Netflix and season 3 starts on Sunday 2.21. Now remember it is a Hallmark show so it is a little corny too.  And let's also note that Elizabeth has fabulous hair for living in early 1910s in a town with limited resources.



2. Grease LIVE - Did you catch it a few weeks ago on Fox? I somehow missed they were even doing it. I guess that's what happens when you don't have cable. Luckily for me, it was on Hulu. They did a fabulous job. Grease was one of my very favorite movies growing up and I can sing every single word to every song.


I also read that Vanessa Hudgens' dad died the evening before and she still performed. I was extra impressed with her. She was fabulous as Rizzo. Over all I give the an A+! I enjoyed watching their performance. 

3. Speaking of childhood favorites, Star Wars was my brothers. 


He loaned us his collection a few weeks ago and Austin and I have been watching them at night. We've really enjoyed making our way through them. 

4.  Madame Secretary - One of my very favorite people in the word, Patricia, recommended this show. It's another one we've been watching on Netflix at night. 
It's a serious show and one that I like to give my full attention to when I'm watching. We are still on the first season but we are really enjoying it. It's hard for us to find shows we both enjoy but this one seems to work for us both! 

5. The number one show watched around our house is:




Any fun shows you wanna share with me? I'm always looking for something new!

And make sure you go check out our dining room progress!






8 comments:

  1. I'm so sad because my kids have outgrown Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. For YEARS, I heard that Hot Dog song at least 5 times a day and now...nothing. Appreciate this Megan! It will be gone before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are right! And Mickey isn't as painful as some of the shows! Hoping to see you this week!

      Delete
  2. ohhhh kids shows are so painful! I love your confession. I'm usually reading something on my phone when they are watching tv!...my oldest will say "mommy pay attention..we're learning our letters now". I feel like it's impossible to make it through winter/cold season WITHOUT tv. It'll all equal out in the summer, right?! Happy Friday, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I like the way you think! It will all work out in the end! HA!!

      Delete
  3. I hear that! And mine like to watch the SAME episode over and over again! Oh Star Wars. I remember my introduction to Star Wars from Michael, and that's the only time I watched it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! It is still his favorite all time movie (s). And yes always the same episode?! WHY?!

      Delete
  4. Heartland and Cedar Cove are two good shows on Netflix too. And I like Heart of Dixie too. All simple easy to watch shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started Heartland this weekend! (we are all still sick! boo!) But it's really cute. I'm enjoying it. I loved heart of dixie. I wish it was still on. I haven't heard of Cedar Cove!Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check it out! I'm curious to hear how the daniel plan is going?!

      Delete