Thursday, February 11, 2016

Daniel Plan Week 4

We are 30 days into The Daniel Plan! Only 10 days left! We have certainly picked up a few habits that we plan to keep! This study has been challenging in a good way, but there are some food items that I will be happy to see return, like butter and a little cheese! I love goat cheese and feta!

This week we hosted a birthday party for Baker and we kept the food within The Daniel Plan. We are not fun killers, but we have noticed that Baker gets an upset tummy if he has too much sugar. That's not really something we wanted to deal with on his birthday so we tried to keep the sugar to a minimum.

 The party menu:

Spicy popcorn for an afternoon snack
-organic corn kernels popped in a spoon full of coconut oil
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tsp cumin


Guacamole

we served the chicken as tacos with all the fixings

black beans







On Sunday night we also attended a Superbowl party with our Life Group friends! We kept (most of) the food plan friendly. 
It was really a fun was to try out some different recipes. I made my spinach muffins and they were a big hit with the kiddos! They have 1/3 cup of sugar in 2 dozen muffins.  I made a batch with honey and a batch with coconut sugar but they were lacking. My kids both still ate them but they were not what I would call delicious. I took my original version to the party but I'll continue to work on modifying them. 

I also don't think it was an accident that the Superbowl fell on the friends week of this plan. 

Then we had lots of repeat foods this week. Our breakfast and lunches have really been the same things. You can see what we ate here:  week 1, week 2 and week 3

We made red beans and brown rice. 
We make our red beans in the crock pot with bell pepper, onion and celery.


Kale chips-
Kale with olive oil and sea salt baked at 350 for about 15 minutes. 

I loved these! I am a big fan of kale. 

The biggest surprise was this:

Fisher could not get enough! I am pretty sure this is the first green vegetable that he has ever willingly eaten. 

10 more days! I can't wait to see what next week holds! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment