Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Daniel Plan Week 2

We survived 2 weeks on The Daniel Plan! Wahoooooo!!!! This week was so much easier than week one. If you are just starting out stick with it! It will get easier. I can also see why the ask you to do it with a group because having a support system is crucial. I wouldn't have been able to do it without Austin or our life group. Seriously do not take the friends section lightly. Make, beg or plead with someone to do this plan with you.

Since we have established that friends are crucial, let's concentrate on faith, fitness and food.

Faith - 

Oh wow. In all ways I have been challenged the last two weeks. We are giving it all over to God and trusting that he will provide in every way. We are trusting that God will satisfy our nutritional wants and desires. Also that God will cover the increase in food costs financially. Our food budget has been blown out of the park. We have had a weekly increase around $30-50. That being said this first month will cost us about $200 more that our typical grocery budget. Last week Austin and I got a random check in the mail. Anyone wanna guess how much this check was for? Yup, the exact amount that our budget has increased. This check should have made it's way to us several weeks ago but it was mailed to our McKinney address. The timing was perfect. God is good and continually is reassuring us.


Fitness -

We just finished up 3 weeks of working out! Once again, without Austin, I probably wouldn't have stuck with the workouts. We are using these two Jillian Michaels videos, 30 day shred and Ripped in 30. The work outs are only 24 minutes long. They are hard and I love that it's a good, quick work out. If you don't believe that you can get a good workout that quick, then I dare you to order 30 day shred and do workout 3 without breaking a sweat. I bet you can't do it.

Food -



Just like last week, when I got home from the grocery store I washed all the fruits and veggies. I love all the colors!



We ate every single bit of this last week. None of it went to waste. In fact, we almost didn't have enough. I bought more bananas halfway through the week and Baker polished off 4 in a row and we needed more! Ha!

Breakfast
Old fashioned oats with pecans, apples and cinnamon.

Lunch

This week we got 7 dozen local fresh eggs. (thanks Teresa) We ate 2 dozen this week. 


We stuck with eggs and veggies for lunch. 

One day we ate tuna with egg, spicy brown mustard, and red wine vinegar. We added a side of oranges and avocados. 

I'm so thankful we can eat lunch at home everyday. This has been a big blessing since we moved. Austin always worked 45 miles away and was never able to be home for lunch. And a big huge bonus is the boys love seeing their daddy at lunch. 

Snacks
70% cacao dark chocolate with almond

dried okra


guacamole with rice chips



lots of fruits

unsweet tea - this is a big treat for me!



Dinner

Black bean soup (not our favorite) 

Kale pan-grilled with olive oil and garlic.

Acorn squash - 
baked with apples, cinnamon and walnuts in the middle.

 brown rice

yummy green beans -
quick boil the green beans for 2-3 minutes, drain them and put them in ice water. Then sautee them with balsamic vinegar, garlic and red onion.

baked greek cod - 
I could not find the recipe online. It's in the book page 320. It was essentially baked cod with olives, red onions and garlic. 

We really enjoy this meal! The fish was excellent and something different. I could eat the green beans everyday. They are so good!


my favorite thing from this week. 


You can see what we ate last week on my week one summary.


Thanks for coming along this journey with me! It is really helpful for me to track our weeks and progress. You can find The Daniel Plan book here if you wanna join me on this adventure! 

2 comments:

  1. Good job friend!!! You guys are doing great....I think I'd eat my weight in almonds. I'm hungry just reading this 😂. I know all about those Jillian workouts....nothing easy about that! So proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing about your experience so far with this program! Great job!
    Does it give you a menu plan to follow and tell you what workouts to do?

    ReplyDelete