Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving and 30th birthday

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!! We spent the weekend in Tyler with the Butler family!
We ate a lot of yummy food!!

This is frozen loaf - it's a Butler family tradition. Does anyone else eat frozen loaf? I had never heard of it until my first time celebrating holidays with the Butlers. 

Before and after the Thanksgiving meal we went to the park! Rain was in the forecast ALL weekend and my boys needed to let out some energy!



When did he get so big??


Best family picture we managed to get!! 3 out of 4 isn't too bad!



And we made some fun turkey hats!! 
We also got to hang out with great friends and their brand new baby!!

On Friday we did a little walk in the rain!!
Do I look older?? 
 30 maybe??
Good thing this kid keeps me young!!

We saw the MOST gorgeous holly tree that I have ever seen!! If you are ever in the Edom, TX area (west of Tyler), you need to stop at Blue Moon Gardens.  They have a wonderful nursery and shop. 

THEN I got to celebrate with some of my very favorite people!! As a kid I hated that my birthday was always a holiday weekend BUT as an adult it rocks!! Many of my college friends are either from Tyler or married Tyler boys so it was the perfect spot to ring in my 30th year!














I had so much fun!! Thank you to everyone who spoiled me!!

Austin also collected cards from various friends and family and gave them to my everyday in November. I was really feeling the love! Thank you to everyone who joined in!

Here are just some of the cards I received. 

I had so much fun turning 30, that I think I'll do it again next year!











6 comments:

  1. The turkey hat pics are my FAVORITE!!! Happy birthday Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looks delicious!!! Happy birthday!! Your sons are adorable!! Hope you take this as a compliment, but you don't look 30 to me :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best!! thank you!! and that pie is soooo yummy!!!

      Delete
  3. The picture of all of us at your party cracks me up!!! All the adults look good....but the kids? Doing their own thing! Had so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little fellas are too cute!! Glad I came across your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete