Monday, November 2, 2015

Thankful 30

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! Psalm 107:1


November is always an extra special time of the year to reflect and be thankful. The Butler crew has lots of reasons to celebrate and give thanks. I turn 30 at the end of the month and we celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary just 2 days later. Obviously there is also Thanksgiving day and the extra family time we will get in this month. I love November.

 In honor of my 30th birthday, I am going to start a time of thanks at our house called thankful 30. As a family our goal is to bless 30 people and let them know we are thankful for them. This could be as simple as a small treat for your mail man, doing something nice for neighbors or writing a note to that special person who really reached you in life. We will probably also include random acts of kindness too. I am thankful for so many people but when was the last time I told them?. The list of people that I am thankful for is extremely long and I am really going to challenge myself and think outside the box!! Who has impacted my life? As a teen? as an adult? Who are people I see daily that I don't really know? Who makes my life easier? I am bringing my family along with me on this thankful adventure too!  I just want to be intentional on letting other people know how thankful we are for them.



I want to challenge you to make an effort to let 1 person know you are thankful for them. Start with just 1 but I bet you could easily do 2 or 3.  I would love for you to email me and tell me all about it!! Or snap at picture and tag me on instagram or facebook. You can use - #butlersthankful30 - if you would like to participate! If you don't feel comfortable sharing then do it for yourself!! And the person you are thankful for! I bet you can really bless someones day.

Maybe we can multiply our thankfulness and reach 100 people. How cool would that be!! 

Are you up for the challenge?? Here we go!! #butlersthankful30

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thankf to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:15-17


5 comments:

  1. I love this! Gratitude and thanksgiving are so important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!!! Thankful for you friend!

      Delete
  2. Wahoo!!! I'm thankful for YOU, Megan!!! Does this count?? Hahahah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Yes!!! I'm thankful for you too!!! I might have laughed out loud when I read your comment.

      Delete
  3. Love this!! I know I am ridiculously spoiled by so many and could do a much better job of showing it.

    ReplyDelete