Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mrs. Melcher's Almond Tea





This tea is amazing. It reminds me of college. Austin's roommate Brian would often invite us to visit his parent's lake house. We loved going! His parents were so sweet and welcoming and we have so many great memories from our time there. 

On my first trip to the lake, in March of 2007, Austin tore his hamstring skiing. Yes I said March!! It was cold and he had no business water skiing. Even though that weekend was a little painful for Austin, it is still a very good memory!! I laugh a lot when I think about that weekend. 
(notice the crutches, that Austin's friend is holding for him...EKK!)

I have so many college memories at the lake house. One year later, in March 2008, Austin even asked me to marry him on their boat dock. SEE lots of amazing memories. That was one of the best days of my life! 




After college we still spent lots of fun weekends at the lake house! When I think about the lake house, I think of swimming, skiing, wake-boarding, back porch fires, yummy food, fruit ice cream, dominoes and lots of good friend time. 

Every time I make this almond tea it takes me back to all the good times at the Melcher lake house! 
And makes me think of all of these people!!






Mrs. Melcher's Almond Tea

In a 1 gallon container mix -
4 Tbsp instant tea
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp almond extract
1 - 12 Oz can frozen lemonade
3/4 cup sugar

Add water to fill gallon container - shake or stir well and enjoy

I love this tea and all the memories that drinking it brings!!


Make yourself a glass!! You won't regret it!





No comments:

Post a Comment