Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Favorites 11.6

Happy Friday friends!!! It's time for Friday Favorites with Andrea, Erika and Narci.
1. Let's start with this little guy!! And I do mean LITTLE.
My very favorite moment this weekend involves him!! We went to the pediatrician on Wednesday and he has gained 2 pounds and 2 ounces in 2 months!! At his one year appointment he was 16 pounds and 8 ounces which isn't even on the charts for growth. He was small. Very small and on top of that he was having eating issues and allergies. So this growth was huge!! He now weighs 18 pounds and 10 ounces. Go Fisher!! 



Seeing those number just made my mama heart swell. I've been really worried about his eating and the extra pounds really help! We have been actively praying over his eating for an entire year. 365 days of prayer. Our family, friends, McKinney small group and Abilene life group have all been actively praying for him too. This is was a big answer to prayers and added reassurance that we are moving in the right direction. 



2. Farm O'ween was a favorite of mine this week. I love spending quality time with my people. 




3. We have a few plans for Thankful30 this weekend. My favorite is making a difference in someone else's day. I love that my kiddos are really getting into this too! Baker seriously talks about it ALL day. He loves it! 

4. I love good tea!! I drink hot tea every single morning. One of my very favorites is Artful tea. I love their Vanilla Black Tea.  I stumbled upon their shop at the Santa Fe farmers market a few years ago with my mom. The sweet owner made me a cup and I've been addicted every since. It is sooo good! They also have a really cool advent tea calendar out for the holidays too.



5. And another favorite is this mug!! Austin got it for me for Christmas last year. It's Aladdin brand and he grabbed it from walmart! I love it because I can make loose leaf tea directly in my mug! My other favorite loose leaf infuser is this teatanic! I saw a few of these at target too!

6. Remember this goody I found at Canton last month?


Austin made it into a light fixture this week!!! I can't wait to show it to you next week!! It's amazing!!

7. My very favorite blog post that I read this week was from my friend Shay - mixandmatchmama. She blogged her 10 month post adoption update of her sweet girl Ashby. This month she answered lots of adoption questions. She was very transparent and truthful in her post. If you've ever considered adoption or know anyone who has adopted, I would encourage you to read it. It is extremely insightful and encouraging. You can find her post here! 

8. And happy birthday to one of my very favorite people!! My brother! Love you Michael! hope its a fantastic day!! 


Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!! We have BIG house plans!! hoping to make some good progress!! Happy weekend friends!






7 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Megan!! Enjoy your weekend with those sweet boys :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!!! So proud of your little guy!! He is a doll baby!! Miss y'all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news about the weight gain!! God answers prayer!! :)) Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes God does!! Now praying he keeps his appetite up!! It's always something.

      Delete
  4. Yay for weight gain! Why can't us mom's be happy when we gain a couple pounds, LOL?? Can't wait to see the light fixture, I'm impressed! Love the farm pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I know right!? Wish I could love those extra pounds!! Ha.

      Delete