Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Favorites 9/11

Happy Friday friends! I'm linking up with Erika, Andrea and Narci to share my Friday favorites.

9/11/01 Never forget. 

This week has been crazy! We are redoing the floors at our house so they boys and I headed to my mom's house. (again!)  Here are a few of our favorite things this week!
 
 
Baker had his very first day of school! He was not excited about going at first and wouldn't let me take his picture....or put on his shoes.  
 
 
I tried again at school...with no luck. Hey but at least I managed to get some shoes on him. Mom win!
 
 
I couldn't go back home because our floors were being done so I used that time to run a few errands and grab lunch with Austin. A few of my McKinney friends kept telling me about their favorite spot, Hickory Street CafĂ©, in Abilene.
 
It was so nice to enjoy a lunch with only 1 child. We got have a real conversation!
And if you are curious here is what we ordered.
Chicken salad and zucchini bread
Chicken salad sandwich
 
It is a new favorite spot for sure. It was very yummy and in an old house near downtown that has lots of character.  If you are ever in Abilene go check it out.
 
 
 
I headed back to school to pick up Baker and I found him like this....
1. I am super impressed they got him to sleep.
2. That is not his nap mat.
Thomas train is his favorite and he told them it was his. Clearly you can't trust a 2 year old.
 
When I finally got him to wake up he kept crying to go back to school so I'm going to take that as a very good sign. I think school will quickly become his favorite.
 
I didn't want to repeat last week so I loaded up the boys and we headed back to my mom's house. We played at the park and Baker's favorite thing was this...
 


I'm not really sure what it is called but I am certain it wasn't designed for a 2 year old. He insisted on doing it over and over again.


 
My favorite little sister is having a baby today! I've been hanging out with this little cutie while she is in the hospital. We've been doing lots of favorite little boy things like Legos, trains, football and water guns. 

 
Their favorite is to crawl between the couch and the wall and get stuck.
 
 We headed to the football game to watch our favorite 6-man team play. Baker would add that his favorite is touchdown but his second favorite thing at the games is the drums.
 
 


 
Some of my favorite people.
 
We managed to make it to half time to see the band perform. When we left the Jaybirds were up 64-24. If you have never seen a 6-man gave before, there is a 45 point rule and if you are up by 45 points at half time (or anytime after) then the game is over. So I don't think the game lasted much longer after we left.
 
What a busy week! I can't wait to get home and see my new floors. Right now they are just a raw oak but in 2 weeks they will be stained...now I just have to pick my favorite stain.
 
 



 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how an outing seems like a piece of cake when you have one less child? My husband I were just talking about how we spent our time when there was only one, and even more so, when there were none?! Glad you got to enjoy that yummy lunch! And I had never heard of a 6 man game before. Pretty cool! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!! What in the world did I do before I had kids?! I think the answer is sleep!! 6-man football is really fun to watch and fast! I grew up in a teeny-tiny town.

      Delete