Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites- shop local - Abilene Texas


One of my favorite things is supporting the local economy and discovering new unique places. A few weekends ago we loaded up the crew and attempted to do a little local shopping.

Here is a peak at what we were looking for -


1. unique lighting for above our sink, eat in peninsula and entry way
2. fun accents for our bookshelf project


Our first stop was Elmwood Antique Centre - 3910 S 7th St, Abilene Tx

 
How fun is this antique trunk!
 
About this time our 2 year old started acting like a 2 year old and we knew we were done. Our shopping trip lasted less than 15 minutes. HA!!
 
Before we loaded up again we saw a neat looking area across the street and decided to go explore.
I popped my head into a coffee shop, Mezamiz, and looked around. I asked the barista a few questions and told her we just moved to the area. She offered us both a free cup of coffee!! How sweet is that. We sat outside and decided to order some lunch too. It was very unexpected and so much fun!
 
Mezamiz - 3909 S 7th St Suite C Abilene, Tx
 
It's a new favorite for sure! I can't wait to go back. They also serve dinner and have live music several nights a week.
 
 
 
We sat outside and enjoyed the good weather.
 
 
 
I then dropped the boys off for naps and went exploring on my own.
 
They have two stores and I checked them both out. I can already tell this will be a favorite spot to visit. They had lots of neat treasures.
I sent this picture to Austin because I really liked the candlestick but he loved the old cigar box so it came home with me.

 Next stop, Chic Antiques, it's next door to vintage marketplace 2
 This place was gold. I loved everything inside. I can't wait to go back and look again. It might be my favorite store of the day.
Aren't these corbels amazing.
 
My favorite part about this day was making fun memories with my little family. One of the main reasons we moved to Abilene was to get Austin away from his long commute into Dallas everyday.
Just for fun these are a few of my favorite pictures from this week.
 
 
Baker's favorite this week has been playing Let's Go Fishing.
 
 
But my very favorite might be the Abilene traffic.
 
I hope you found some new favorites places to check out if you are ever in Abilene, Texas.
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. that trunk is amazing! your boys and those ducks are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! We loved that trunk too!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you guys are having so much fun! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm prepping for you to come visit! I'll know all the good places by then!

      Delete
  3. You're so good. I've lived here for 15 years and not once have I gone to the fair and rodeo for the sake of visiting. I've worked a couple food booths but that's it. Don't know if I'll ever make it. haha

    ReplyDelete